Sikkim and Darjeeling
Travel Services
Travel Links.
Visa Information
Travel Information
About Lhasa
General Information
Contact Us
Tibet:- Visa Information
You can get a Chinese visa from any Chinese embassy. You will also need a Travel Permit for Tibet, which is issued for groups with a minimum of five people. We can process both your Chinese visa and Travel Permit through our Lhasa-based Tibetan partner.
The Chinese embassy in Kathmandu is open only on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 0930 to 1130. Normally, the visa takes three working days to get issued, but we can often get it the same day or on the second working day upon payment of additional fees.

Chinese embassies issue two kinds of visa. The Group Visa is valid only for Tibet and you have to apply through a travel agent only. But if you want greater flexibility for your travels in Tibet, or if you want to extend your trip to other parts of China, you should apply for an Individual Visa. Once you have the Individual Visa, we will arrange a separate Travel Permit for Tibet.

Your passport validity should not be less than 6 months from the date entry to Tibet and there should be enough blank pages for arrival and departure stamps. Beside passport, it would be useful to carry other identification cards.